Sunday, June 9, 2013

March 2013

We arrived in Arizona on Palm Sunday 2013.  The blue skies welcomed us on the border of Arizona and New Mexico.  We stopped at the first roadside rest and Bear wondered where the grass was.  It wasn't comfortable to do his business in the granite gravel yard.

When we came to 1766 Christenson in St. David, Jim and Gina our new neighbors were still cleaning up the yard and the mobile home which would be our home for the next 3 months.  They, along with Chris and Tom helped us unpack all our earthly belongings from the 26ft. Penske truck.  Jim turned out to be our entertainment for the next few months.  Artur just loved sitting and drinking beer with him in the cool evening breezes and I would take Gina to Bisbee and Sierra Vista and also to Monika's so that Jim could get a break and I could get a break from Artur ;-)

Chris started his morning routine right away when we arrived.  Breakfast at 6AM which forced me to get up every morning since I've been here at 5:30.  It was good to stay in a routine.  After breakfast we took Bear for a walk and I'd go and water the plants on mom's old house which Tom is now renting to Bridgitte and Carl-Linda.  Chris lets me come over and swim in his pool and brings us tomatoes every morning now.  He's busy watching his 3 grandchildren every day while Felicia works at the nursing home.  I admire Chris and Lorraine so much for dedicating their lives to those children.  They will surely reap the reward of that patience.  Alana, the middle child is the most active and curious.  We started inviting them over on Friday's for pizza but all she wants to eat is ice cream.  I'm sure she'll grow out of that.

This next week, we will finally close on a house in Benson and start a new chapter.  It's been fun camping here for 3 months but I'm ready to get all my stuff out of boxes and resume a normal life.


No comments:

Post a Comment