Saturday, July 13, 2013

Monsoon Clouds and getting busy around the house

I can't believe it's the middle of July today and also brother Bernie's birthday!  I'm still taking pictures from my IPhone when we go on our walks and if it's not too hot I even drag my "real" camera with me.  It's always exciting to see how the pictures come out.  We've had some beautiful clouds and really clear views of the mountains this week.


Front moving in from the Northwest.  

**********************************************************

Artur started working on the little courtyard I wanted at the front door of our house.  I need to protect my geraniums from the direct South eastern sun and I wanted a place to sit in the morning and see the sun come up over the Stronghold.

Artur is using Jim's Kubota tractor which he left with us while he's back in MN.  Very useful tool.  Art is mixing the mortar  which he pours into the opening of the blocks.  The wall will be topped off with some flagstone and the outside stucco to match the house which we hope to paint a more neutral color soon.


I have found a place for my German curtains.  Makes the room look less Spartan.
.


******************************************************************

My neighbor Pat took me to meet one of the hidden treasures of Benson on Friday.

Paul Malone is a published author, professor of English and accomplished artist living in a small house in Benson with his sister.  His house and his yard has touches of his talent all over the place.
I am so excited about finding him and I just know that there are so many more interesting people that I just haven't met yet hidden away in this small town.

Paul's Web Site: paulscottmalone.com  has examples of his art and interesting bio.

I'm hoping to be able to help him enhance his site and also give him some help with his Mac.  Yea, a Mac person in Benson!!!

********************************************

Brother Chris came to visit this morning:

Bear just loves him as you can see....


******************************************

We drove to Tucson today and stopped at the World Market for a French Wine Tasting.  We ended up with an international assortment of food.  French Wine and French sparkling water.  Also two kinds of Salsa for Chris and dark seeded bread from Germany for me.  We also ended up at the Park Place Mall off of Broadway and finally found a fridge with a freezer drawer on the bottom which fits into our 32" space.  It's perfect.  Now we can put the old fridge into the garage.  I guess we are spoiled.

******************************************

I'm so excited about all the small cacti that I have been able to collect in the last few weeks.  My side yard will be a beautiful cactus rock garden.  That's the plan.






No comments:

Post a Comment